Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search:

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Honda EX1000 Oil Leak
December 31, 2013
9:23 am
Joe
Admin
Forum Posts: 72

QUESTION:
My problem is an oil leak from the bottom of the unit, possibly a leaky seal that has dried out. The unit stops running when the oil runs out. The unit is about 20 years old but has only been used 4 times. Can I fix this myself with the proper gasket, or must I bring it in to be repaired. I am somewhat handy.

ANSWER:
I would have to say it all depends on where the leak is coming from. If it is coming from the output shaft seal than the generator unit itself will have to be disconnected from the that shaft which should not be too hard. If the leak is coming from the timing cover on the front side of the engine it gets a little more complicated there will more than likely be a few more things to remove to get the cover off and you will need to make sure the timing does not get off when removing and installing the cover, as if the timing gets off it could cause engine failure. Hope that I have helped you out, if you have any more questions feel free to ask and if need be the service team here at JRE Burkeville will be happy to take a look at it for you and give you a quote for repair.

JOE

Forum Timezone: UTC -5

Most Users Ever Online: 14

Currently Online:
1 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 949

Moderators: 0

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 3

Topics: 67

Newest Members: msdlrex, bob shaffer, redseal, b8cebvcym96, buusoeols06, Xavierf08, woodman, sacca070, rafleroj, cassie1573

Administrators: Joe (72)